Grasslands National Park
Location: Val Marie, SK
There are NEW camping opportunities available at Grasslands National Park that balance comfort with a rustic prairie feel!
- 20 tent/RV campsites all electrical
- 4 walk-in tipi camping sites, at Two Trees. Available by reservation
- 1 wheel chair accessible site
- Campsites available by reservation 1-877-737-3783 or at www.reservations.ParksCanada.gc.ca (Note: If site shows no sites available all people wishing to camp will be accommodated in the overflow area. You can self-register for overflow upon arrival.
- Fire pit and picnic table per site
- Potable water and vault toilets
- Coulee Centre cook shelter – central location for West Block park programs.
- ~ 1 ½ hours south of Swift Current
- NEW Otentiks
Rock Creek Campground
East block – coming soon – NEW Offer – Renewed Campground!
Near the East entrance of the East Block
- Beautiful kitchen shelter and bridge
- 24 tent/RV electrical campsites
- Picnic tables, fire pits and vault toilet
- Walk-in Tipi accommodation available
- On-site visitor centre – central location for East Block guided programs.
- ~ 2 hours south of Moose Jaw.
- To reserve at the East Block call 1-306-476-2018
Grasslands National Park
May 1 – May 18 daily 9:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m. (West Block)
May 19 – Sept 4 daily 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (West Block)
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (East Block)
Sept 5 – Oct 9 daily 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (West & East Block)
Frenchman Valley Campground Kiosk
May 19 – Sept 4 daily 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. (West Block)
306.298.2257 (West Block Visitor Centre in Val Marie)
306.476.2018 (East Block McGowan’s Visitor Centre at Rock Creek Campground)
Equestrian Visits (aka Horse Camping)
Horse camping is available at two locations South of the Belza Day Use Area in the West Block, and at the Rock Creek Campground in the East Block. Area includes: information kiosk, horse pens, outhouse, water troughs, and manure receptacle.
Choose Your Own Family Camping Weekend Adventure at Grasslands National Park!
Take a break, enrich your family’s summer and explore many fun, recreational activities in Canada`s only National Park protecting the unexpectedly awesome Grasslands region and its iconic wildlife.
Discover the West Block and its picturesque Frenchman River Valley. Stroll through a comical black-tailed prairie dog town, see bison roaming, or choose a more adventurous hike to a scenic vista. Join the Grasslanders Classic July 28-30th and enjoy a jam-packed weekend filled with hockey legend Bryan Trottier, ball hockey, pancake breakfast, a parade, kayaking on the Frenchman River, wagon rides, an outdoor concert and more! Click HERE for more information.
The East Block contains the equally stunning Badlands, hiking opportunities and an excellent place to learn more about fossils, especially during the Badlands Blast event. If you’ve got Fossil Fever, dig for a day with McGill University paleontologists as they retrieve 65.5 million year old fossils. Click HERE for more information.
- Camp in the Frenchman Valley or Rock Creek campgrounds, or try tipi camping
- Drive the scenic Ecotour road through the West Block
- Fireside Chats, Stories and S`more – Friday evenings with a park interpreter
- Saturday Guided Programs (May/Jun): Hike in the Park (mornings);
- Saturday Guided Programs (Jul/Aug): Hey Kids! (afternoons); and Walk in the Park or Sunset Rides (Sat evenings).
- Cattle Trails and Cowboy Tales – Saddle up and ride into the last of the old west and live your own cowboy adventure.
Mark Your Calendar!
Jul 28th-30th Grasslanders Classic – West Block, a full weekend of entertainment and activities featuring hockey legend Bryan Trottier.
Aug 16th Fossil Fever, East Block
Contact Us For More Info:
1-877-345-2257 (Toll Free)
306-298-2257 (West Block Visitor Centre) / 306-476-2018 (East Block Visitor Centre)
The Grasslands Project
Catch a glimpse of prairie life in Southern Saskatchewan and Alberta with The National Film Board of Canada’s “The Grasslands Project”. A series featuring 10 short films on different aspects of prairie life. Watch it for free here!