T.rex Discovery Centre
Location: Eastend, SK
Opening Day – May 18, 2019 – join the staff at the T.Rex for BBQ Hot Dogs & Cupcakes!
Home to Scotty the T.Rex – Canada’s largest T.Rex discovery and the most massive T.Rex in the world, watch Scotty’s discovery unfold in the documentary that is featured every 30 min in the Centre’s theatre, or have a guided tour with one of the Centre’s Guides, which takes you on a tour of Saskatchewan paleontological past.
Here at the T.Rex Discovery Centre, you’ll also discovery a window into the Royal Saskatchewan Museum’s Field Station and can watch paleontologists hard at work.
Events and Activities at the T.Rex Discovery Centre:
- Guided and self-guided tours of our Cretaceous and Cenozoic galleries featuring a full-size cast of Scotty the T.rex and Thor the Brontothere
- Drop-in children’s programs every day
- Group & School tours available upon request
- Panoramic views, picnic tables and outdoor play area featuring our Dino Dig Pit
- See real palaentologists at work in our paleo lab
- NEW in 2019: Nature Trail along the picturesque Frenchman River Valley
- Feature documentaries in the Theatre
- Discovery Shop gift store
Save the Date
- Canada Day – July 1st – join staff for cupcakes, activities, face-painting and “Canada Rocks!” presentation by Dr. Emily Bamforth.
- Dino Days – July 26-28th – Celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Scotty’s Excavation. Watch for more details on the 25th Anniversary Reception coming soon!
- Scotty’s Birthday – August 16th 10am-6pm:Help Scotty celebrate her birthday this year with face-painting, dinosaur crafts and 27% off T-shirts in the Discovery Shop.1:00 pm Check out our new fossil dig pit. For a limited time find one of our special fossils hidden in the sand that you can take home with you! 2:00 pm Join us for guest speakers in the Theatre followed by birthday cake and treat bags for the kids. Plus, snap a picture at our photo booth or with our special T. rex who will be roaming the gallery.
- Culture Days – Sept 28th
- Tea and Fossils – one Saturday per month throughout Fall, Winter & Spring
The T.Rex Discovery Centre – Outdoor Dig Pit
Do you aspire to be a palaeontologist when you grow up? Hone your skills at the newly installed outdoor dig pit at the T.rex Discovery Centre.
The T.Rex Discovery Centre is open from:
10am-6pm daily until September 2nd, 2019
The Royal Saskatchewan Museum operates the T.rex Discovery Centre in alignment with its mandate for palaeontology, heritage and cultural stewardship.
For more information
or visit their website at www.royalsaskmuseum.ca/trex
The Centre officially closes for the season on September 2nd, but as there is staff still in the building, they are available to host guests by appointment from September 3-30th, by calling 306-295-4009 (leave a message), or by emailing: email@example.com
Hours 10:00 am to 6:00 pm daily until September 3, 2018
Admission By donation
And be sure to shop the Discovery Shop operated by the Friends of T.Rex for all your dinosaur-fun needs, as well as products from Saskatchewan.