Sept 20-22nd, 2019 – Cowboy Poetry and Western Art & Gear Show | Maple Creek
Location: Maple Creek, SK
The 30th Annual MAPLE CREEK COWBOY POETRY MAPLE CREEK MUSTERING – Keep watching this page for information on the 2019 event!
Cowboy Poetry is alive and well in Maple Creek. The 2019 Maple Creek Mustering is set to take place September 20, 21, 22 in the Armories, Elks Hall and Skating Rink as we show case our Poets/Pickers/Arts and celebrate our 30th year. If you have ever performed or wish to perform or show case your Wears/Wares or to buy your tickets, go on line to our Facebook page or Website
You can also call the following for specific information:
To perform call:
- Eleanor – 1-306-662- 7698 (Cell) or 1-306-558-4428 (Home)
- Claire – 1-306-662-0818 (Cell)
- Ross – 1-306-662-0911 (Cell) or 1-306-662-3431 (Home)
For a table call – Jenny – 1-306-661-7388 (Cell)
For tickets for your weekend passes call Heather – 1-306-671-0015 (Cell)
The gathering always offers small & large venues and a variety of performances for your enjoyment. Evening entertainment includes a Fashion Show and Art Auction.
The Cowboy Poetry Gathering showcases many talented poets and musicians from Canada and the USA. (See a full list of the 2018 performers HERE).
The Western Art & Gear Show features artists and artisans with a western theme. You will see silversmiths, saddle and tack pieces, artwork including watercolours, acrylics, oils and other media.
Woodworkers, photographers, natural woollen craftspeople will also be pleased to show you their items.
2019 Schedule of Events & Details to be announced soon.
Advanced Individual Event Passes:
Friday & Saturday Day Sessions: Cost $20
Sunday Day Session: Cost $10
Friday Evening Program: Cost: $20 (*Note: Limited Seating)
Saturday Evening Program: Cost $20 (*Note: Limited Seating)
Saturday Supper & Evening Program: Cost $40 (Note: Tickets for Supper only available in advance and only until August 31/18)
*No Weekend passes or supper tickets will be sold after August 31st and no refunds will be granted after August 31st.
Photos from the 2018 Western Art and Gear Show
Trip Planning Information:
- For information on Accommodations: http://www.visitcypresshills.ca/accommodations/
- Fort Walsh National Historic Site is open Tuesday to Saturday September 4 to September 29, 2019
from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Grotto Gardens Country Market will be open during the Cowboy Poetry Weekend from 10am to 5pm (Thursday-Sunday), with lots of treats planned. Goat Yoga will also be offered on the Sunday at 11:00am: http://www.visitcypresshills.ca/tours/downward-goat-yoga-grotto-gardens/
- Broken Spoke Fine Art Gallery & Gifts – Hours of Operation during Cowboy Poetry: Thursday, 10am-5pm / Friday, 10am-9pm / Saturday, 10am-5pm / Sunday 12pm-5pm.
- Over the Hill Antiques: Open 10am-7pm – 7 Days a week until Thanksgiving
- Northern Lights Vintage Spa – Save $5 on a ½ hour massage (Cost is only $35.00). Hours of operation on the 15th will be from 10am to 5pm.
- Maple Creek Golf Club – Open Daily until September 30, 2018. To book a tee time call: 306-662-2886 8:00 AM – Sunset
- Cypress Hills Segway Tours – are available by appointment: Call or text – 306.661.9070 or Email – email@example.com
- T.Rex Discovery Centre (in Eastend) is open by Appointment by calling 306-295-4009 (leave a message), or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eastend Historical Museum (in Eastend) is open Thursday to Mondays from 11am – 4pm. Tours will be available after these hours by calling 306 295-3670; 306 295-7553, or 306 295-3564
- Nixavl Pottery (in Eastend): Open everyday noon-6pm until Sept 30th. Call or text owner Nick Saville: t. 306 295 7432 (call or text)
- Old Man on His Back Nature Conservancy: Old Man on His Back Prairie Heritage and Conservation Area is now a Nocturnal Preserve! The Visitor Centre is open weekends from mid-May to the end of September (Sept 26th). For information on hours of operation, local travel conditions or to arrange a visit during the week, please call interpreter Alan Dumontel at 306.662.7809.