August 2nd – 4th – Frenchman River Gospel Jam | Shaunavon, SK
Location: Shaunavon, SK
The Frenchman River Gospel Jam has provided outstanding entertainment and worship to Southwest Saskatchewan for over 3 decades! Located in Shaunavon, SK, this 2 day weekend event will surely leave you and your kin with lasting memories! Well known country bands such as High Valley, Diamond Rio, George Canyon, Jason Blaine – to name a few – have played in the past at this non-profit event!
Watch for information on the 2019 event coming soon!
2008’s STAR-STUDDED LINE UP INCLUDED:
- The Oakridge Boys – This iconic Country act graced our stage 8 years ago and we are delighted to bring back one of the most favoured groups in FRGJ history. They will be appearing Sunday afternoon.
- The Nelons – The powerful vocals of this Southern Gospel group with their impeccable tight family harmonies and deeply rooted gospel tradition will be a highlight for the Jam. In addition to their Saturday evening performance, we are excited to have them join us for a Gaither-style Hymn Sing Sunday morning.
- The Petersens – Originally from Canada, this Bluegrass/ Country group is making their mark at the Little Opry Theatre in Branson, Missouri. Their mix of Bluegrass standards, gospel favourites and sibling humour has captivated the FRGJ audience in the past and we look forward to welcoming them once again.
- Also Featuring:
- Ben Crane & Jessica
- Canada’s Double Portion
- Grace Revolution
- Catherine Lewans Band
- Trudel Family Band
- Master Looper-Singer-Songwriter Paul Woida
- Legacy One
- Guest Speaker TJ Green
With these and many other big names be sure to get your tickets while you still can!
The event kicks off Friday evening with the ever-popular local favourite Catherine Lewans and her band opening, Canada’s Double Portion and then headliners, The Petersens. The rich blend of bluegrass and gospel music favourites promises an evening of fun for the whole family.
Saturday is a wide selection of bands, including sessions from our headliners joining a wide variety of talented local musicians and other up-and-coming artists from across the country on the Curling Rink stage. This portion of the weekend is free for anyone to attend.
Saturday evening, Ben Crane and Grace Revolution will open for GMA Gospel Music Hall of Famers, The Nelons. The evening is sure to uplift and inspire with stunning vocal harmonies and a message of hope.
The Oakridge Boys will grace the main stage on Sunday afternoon. As a bonus, the Sunday afternoon concert will open with Ben Crane, singer and songwriter as well as an award-winning and top-selling western cartoonist and The Nelons performing their Americana favourites which include songs such as Gentle on My Mind, Coat of Many Colours, Bridge Over Troubled Waters.
NEW ACTIVITY ADDITIONS FOR 2018
Kid’s Corral Tent
Saturday 12pm – 3pm
Includes authors, singing and fun activities in a child friendly environment between the outdoor pool and the skate board park
Kids Zone – Saturday
At Skate Board Park or Upstairs Lobby of Centre (weather dictating)
Organized: Singing, Activities, Crafts, Author Readings, Bouncy Castles
Late Night Youth
This includes an Intimate Café on Friday with Looper Paul Woida
Saturday’s Hip Hop Jam (Hip Hop Jam featuring Legacy One (Dance, Live & DJ Music,
Sunday 9:30 am
Hosted by Maria Drost w/ Special Guests The Nelons
All prices include GST, 12 & under – free
Full Weekend Pass – Advance $90 ($100 at the door)
Sunday Feature: The Oak Ridge Boys – Advance $55 ($60 at the door)
Saturday Featuring: The Nelons – Advance $35 ($40 at the door)
Friday Featuring: The Petersens – Advance $35 ($40 at the door)
TICKETS AVAILABLE ONLINE: Picatic
Tickets are available locally at Audrey’s Flower Oasis in Shaunavon, Pharmasave in Swift Current and Medicine Hat Mall Info Booth.
- All events are indoors
- Meals and drinks are available for purchase on site.
- FREE Curling Rink Stage events including performances by all artists except The Oak Ridge Boys
- FREE pancake breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning 8am to 10am
- FREE Parking
- FREE parking & dry-lot camping – bathroom and shower facilities available at the Shaunavon Swimming Pool on the grounds
- The Crescent Point Wickenheiser Centre is a smoke free facility and this is an alcohol-free event.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Frenchman River Gospel Jamboree
Box 715 │ Shaunavon, SK S0N 2M0
Crescent Point Wickenheiser Centre │201 7th Ave W, Shaunavon, SKBook Now