Grasslands National Park
Location: Val Marie, SK
There are NEW camping opportunities available at Grasslands National Park that balance comfort with a rustic prairie feel!
- 20 tent/RV campsites (including 4 electrical)
- 3 walk-in tipi camping sites. Available by reservation
- 1 wheel chair accessible site
- Campsites available first come, first serve
- Fire pit and picnic table per site
- Potable water and vault toilets
- New Coulee Centre cook shelter – central location for West Block park programs.
- ~ 1 ½ hours south of Swift Current
Rock Creek Campground
Near the East entrance of the East Block
- Beautiful new kitchen shelter and bridge
- Rustic campsites available – first come, first serve
- Picnic tables, fire pits and vault toilet
- One walk-in Tipi accommodation available
- New on-site visitor centre (McGowan’s) – central location for East Block guided programs.
- ~ 2 hours south of Moose Jaw.
Connect with Nature! Try our new tipi camping.
Grasslands National Park
Hours of Operation: 9:00am-5:00pm
(*Extended Fridays in July/August, 9:00am-7:00pm)
May 18 – June 30, Thursday to Monday
July 1 – September 2, Daily
September 6 – October 14, Friday to Sunday
306.298.2257 (West Block Visitor Centre in Val Marie)
306.476.2018 (East Block McGowan’s Visitor Centre at Rock Creek Campground)
Equestrian Visits (aka Horse Camping)
Horse camping is available at two locations South of the Belza Day Use Area in the West Block, and at the Rock Creek Campground in the East Block. Area includes: information kiosk, horse pens, outhouse, water troughs, and manure receptacle.
Choose Your Own Family Camping Weekend Adventure at Grasslands National Park!
Take a break, enrich your family’s summer and explore many fun, recreational activities in Canada`s only National Park protecting the unexpectedly awesome Grasslands region and its iconic wildlife.
Discover the West Block and its picturesque Frenchman River Valley. Stroll through a comical black-tailed prairie dog town, see bison roaming, or choose a more adventurous hike to a scenic vista. Join the Sleep-Under-The-Stars Party & Concert Weekend and enjoy a jam-packed day filled with kayaking on the Frenchman River, wagon rides, and an outdoor concert all topped off with star gazing.
The East Block contains the equally stunning Badlands, hiking opportunities and an excellent place to learn more about fossils, especially during the Badlands Blast event. If you’ve got Fossil Fever, dig for a day with McGill University paleontologists as they retrieve 65.5 million year old fossils.
- Camp in the Frenchman Valley or Rock Creek campgrounds, or try tipi camping
- Drive the scenic Ecotour road through the West Block
- Fireside Chats, Stories and S`more – Friday evenings with a park interpreter
- Saturday Guided Programs (May/Jun): Hike in the Park (mornings);
- Saturday Guided Programs (Jul/Aug): Hey Kids! (afternoons); and Walk in the Park or Ride the Rim (evenings).
- Cowboy Adventure – Saddle up and ride into the last of the old west and live your own cowboy adventure.
Mark Your Calendar!
May 16 Astronomy: Beyond the Big Dipper 7:00pm, Rock Creek Campground
Jul 25 Sleep-Under-The-Stars Party & Concert Weekend, West Block
Jul 25 Astronomy: Beyond the Big Dipper 10:00pm, Frenchman Valley Campground
Aug 15 Badlands Blast Weekend
Contact Us For More Info:
1-877-345-2257 (Toll Free)
306-298-2257 (West Block Visitor Centre) / 306-476-2018 (East Block Visitor Centre)