July 12th – Bone to Pick(nic) | T.Rex Discovery Centre *SOLD OUT*
Location: T.Rex Discovery Centre, Eastend, SK
Bone to Pick(nic) – SOLD OUT
|Date:||July 12, 2017|
|Time:||1:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
|Place:||EASTEND | T.rex Discovery Centre|
|Cost:||$50 / person (for ages 12+)
Tickets are limited. Only 12 spots available!
Combining adventure, exploration and local fare all in one. Go on a palaeontological dig with palaeontologist Dr. Emily Bamforth to one of Saskatchewan’s notable fossil dig sites: Southfork Quarry. Who knows, you might make an important scientific discovery! After an afternoon of explorartion, enjoy a snack in Pine Cree Regional Park catered by Café Terra – local hummus and flat breads served in a locally-sourced and -made whitemud pottery bowl that you can keep. Round-trip transportation from the T.rex Discovery Centre to the quarry and Pine Cree Regional Park is included in the ticket price. Ages 12 and up.
- 12:45 to 1:00 Arrive at the T.rex Discovery Centre – please come on time!
- 1:00 Welcome
- Tour of the T.rex Discovery Centre fossil lab with palaeontologist Dr. Emily Bamforth. Get a behind the scenes look at a functioning palaeontological lab and see Scotty’s actual bones.
- 1:30 Bus to Southfork Quarry with the Saskatchewanderer – about a 15 minute drive.
- 1:45 Arrive at Southfork Quarry
- From the bus drop-off point, it is a casual 15-minutehike to the quarry. Be a part of a palaeontological dig. Uncover the secrets of the Frenchman River Valley with Dr. Emily Bamforth and explore Saskatchewan’s hidden history. We supply the tools – you supply the enthusiasm. Who knows what you may uncover!
- 3:45 to 4:00 Bus to beautiful Pine Cree Regional Park
- Relax and enjoy a locally catered picnic featuring farm fresh prairie cuisine, including flatbread and hummus made from locally grown grains and chick peas, herbal sun tea and a delicious dessert. Catered by Café Terra of Eastend, food will be served on Whitemud clay pottery, which you get to keep after your excursion.
- 5:00 to 5:15 Back to the T.rex Discovery Centre with time to visit the Centre and gift shop!