Kayaking – Grasslands National Park | Carefree Adventures
Location: Grasslands National Park
Explore Grasslands National Park through the vantage point of a kayak on the Frenchman River. Join professional tours guides with Carefree Adventures on this epic 2.5-3hr journey through the wonders of Grasslands. Search for some of Canada’s rarest prairie creatures, from the majestic Plains Bison to the prehistoric Short-horned lizard, and the cute and elusive Burrowing Owl.
* Learn the proper way to paddle and navigate the waters of the Frenchman
* Explore the natural wonders of Grasslands, and view wildlife from the safety of your kayak.
* Enjoy the stillness and quiet of one of the most silent places on earth!Carefree Adventures
2hr Tour Itinerary – Cost $125
9:30 am – Arrive at Belza Day Use Area. Park vehicles and board bus to kayak area.
9:45 am – Get fitted for life jackets, kayak and paddle.
10:30 am – Launch for 2.5 to 3 hour trip against the current and back to launch site. With lunch break.
2:00 pm – Board bus to return to vehicles.
(Note: These tours have a maximum capacity of 8 people. Please contact Carefree Adventures directly for creating a private tour for your group or organization HERE)
July 1st, 2018
July 15th, 2018 (Note: July 28th – Kayaking is offered at part of the Grasslands National Park, Grasslanders Classic activities – see Events for details)
August 12th, 2018
August 26th, 2018
Things to Bring:
* Footwear designed to be worn in water ( please avoid “flip flops” at they tend to float away).
* A change of clothing (there is a possiblility of getting wet!).
All tours include:
* kayak, personal floation device, and safety equipment.
* All taxes and fees
* Transportation to and from Belza Day Use Area parking lot
* Drinking Water
- Where trips are cancelled due to weather or safety concerns by Carefree Adventures, every effort will be made to rebook you on a subsequent tour. Where rebooking is not possible, Carefree Adventures will refund your booking fees 100%.
- Those who cancel with less than 72 hours before your scheduled trip departure, a fee of $50.00 will be charged for each participant.
- Those who cancel with 72 hours of notice or more, a fee of $25.00 will be charged for each participant.
- No shows are responsible for 100% of trip fees.