Mankota and Grasslands History and Photography Tours
Location: Mankota and Grasslands National Park
What people are saying about these tours:
~ ~ Summer Solstice 2017 – what a day to remember. We took the local historical tour with Neil & Wendy – effigy, ancient earth village site, Sandrocks on childhood ranch, Grasslands Park etc … lots of info & time to enjoy & take photos. … Thank you Wendy & Neil. We recommend
– Beverley Flaata Switzer
Picture it All! Dinosaur Fossils and Glacier Trails; Ancient Peoples; Ghost Town & Communities Today!
Join local resident turned tour guide, Neil Deringer and photographer Wendy Nuttall on an amazing tour that offers a backstage pass into the Mankota Area and Grasslands National Park. While learning the history of these areas, you’ll also have the opportunity to learn basic photography skills, hone your existing skills or enjoy a photographic record of your day, with photos taken by photographer Wendy Nuttall.
Pick Up Locations:
July 15th: Pick up from Docs Town in Swift Current (pick ups from Cadillac are also possible).
July 16th: Pick up from Assiniboia and Mankota.
August 17th: Pick up from Maple Creek (pick ups from Gull Lake and Swift Current are also possible).
Costs: $160.00/tour (Minimum 7 participants, Maximum 9 participants). *Note Group Discount Rate available for those booking group tours of 9.
What’s on Tour?
Starting from various locations within Saskatchewan, you’ll see trails of the last glacier on one side of highway 18 and the tracks of the runoff waters from the melting glacier on the opposite side. You’ll also receive a picturesque view and historical narration with regards to:
- Habitation Circles
- Salamander Effigy (the only known one in North America).
- Earth Lodge Village
- Pre Columbian History back to Ancient Cultures
- Plus other local sites of interest.
- Transportation to and from sites.
- 7 Hour Guided Tour (with exclusive backstage access to specific areas).
- Photography Instruction by professional photographer Wendy Nuttall.
- Catered Lunch.
- Water throughout the day.
Things to Bring:
- Hiking boots or closed-toed shoes with firm soles are recommended (walking will at times be on uneven terrain).
- Long sleeved shirt.
- Brimmed hat.
- Sun Screen and bug repellant.
- Where trips are cancelled due to weather or safety concerns by Mankota Tour Company, every effort will be made to rebook you on a subsequent tour. Where rebooking is not possible, Mankota Tour Company will refund your booking fees 100%.
- Those who cancel with less than 72 hours before your scheduled trip departure, a fee of $50.00 will be charged for each participant.
- Those who cancel with 72 hours of notice or more, a fee of $25.00 will be charged for each participant.
- No shows are responsible for 100% of trip fees.
To learn more or to book your tour click on the “Book Now” button below:Book Now