The Town of Gull Lake
Location: Gull Lake, SK
Visit the Town of Gull Lake whether it’s a stop on your Trans Canada Hwy trip, or you visit this lovely little Town as a destination all its own.
TOWN OF GULL LAKE
2378 Proton Ave,
Gull Lake, SK S0N 1A0
After Hours Emergency: 1-306-672-6481 (Foreman)
Stay in their spacious treed campground (perfect for family reunions or a nights rest from travel), or choose from some of the accommodations they offer, before you head off to explore the many amenities the Town has to offer including:
- Swimming Pool
- Gull Lake Lyceum Theatre
- Gull Lake Museum
- 9-Hole Golf Course (Sand Greens)
- Little Green on the Prairie Park
Each year the community focuses on providing visitors with a number of family-friendly, fun and innovative celebrations and events including:
- Spring Markets – the 2019 Spring Markets are held on Wednesdays, May 15, June 5th and June 19th from 4pm-7pm.
- Main Street Solstice – celebrate the coming of summer with this full day and evening of fun. Shop the market, enjoy a steak supper, and dance the night away.
- Winterfest – Learning to love winter and celebrate its fun elements is a difficult thing for Canadians to do sometimes, but the Gull Lake Winterfest makes it easy. Take a spin on the luge run, try your hand at snow-golf, or explore your creative side with snow painting. Starting with a pancake breakfast and ending with fireworks, with a bonfire and hot chocolate and many more activities thrown in for good measure, it’s the perfect way to throw off the winter doldrums.
The Town of Gull Lake is a progressive community, located 56 km SW of SWIFT CURRENT at the junction of Highways 1 and 37 in the heart of oil country.The town site is situated on what was once part of the 76 Ranch, established in 1887. The 76 Ranch House, built in 1888, is one of southwestern Saskatchewan’s oldest existing buildings. The 10,000-acre 76 Ranch at Gull Lake was one of several massive ranches established by Sir John Lister-Kay’s Canadian Agricultural, COAL and Colonization Company.In 1905 the Gull Lake block was sold to American millionaire developers Conrad and Price; they surveyed the town site and put up the lots for sale. Settlers began to pour in, agriculture superseded ranching as the main local industry and between 1906 and 1912 Gull Lake was booming. In 1912, Gull Lake already had a well-established school, many businesses and services, a doctor, a hospital and a newspaper.
A highly developed and prosperous community Gull Lake boasts many local amenities such as a full service campground, swimming pool, mini-golf, modern ice arena and recreational complex, local dining, community ball diamonds, local museum, a historic walking tour of Gull Lake, and the Gull Lake Lyceum Theatre, a fully upgraded digital movie theater. In addition, the Town also hosts a number of services including: a health centre with on-site doctor and town library. It is also the nearest town for supplies and services for those visiting the nearby Antelope Lake Regional Park.
For the Gull Lake Pool Schedule and Registration click here!
For More Information on the Gull Lake Campground and other amenities available visit: Gull Lake Campground