Eastend Historical Museum
Location: Eastend, SK
Summer Hours 2019:
Season Opening May 18th
Hours: Tuesday – Sunday from 10:00am – 5:00pm
This hard to miss museum is located in downtown Eastend! Consisting of six different building complexes this Historical Museum houses valuable collections on different topics that are all important to the area!
- Benison Building – Visitor information and a Veterans and Medical Room.
- Tie Rail Ranch Log House – the Best Log House in the west (built in 1909 by Donald Corry) was moved to the museum in 1987. It has been refurbished with artifacts from that time period.
- Sod Busters Shack
- Machine Shed – includes a 1903 Case steam engine, 1927 Federal Truck, stage coaches, miniature steam engine, fire fighting water pumper, and so much more!
- Blacksmith Shop
- Homesteaders’ Shack
- Larose Building – includes a school room
- Wilkinson Telescope – hand built by a local resident.
When you go and visit be sure to participate in the Scavenger hunt provided!
Throughout the summer the museum will host guided museum & heritage tours, as well as workshops for kids. Dates will be given on those once they have been determined.
(check back for updates as programming is finalized)
Saturday, March 3 Art in Healing with Trea Jensen, at Tea Room, Memorial Hall, Eastend
Museum opening – Sunday, May 19 2pm – Afternoon Pie & Coffee; Musical entertainment
Daily tours are available; Museum is open 10am – 5:00pm
Saturday, June 21 – Celebrating Summer Solstice – Events TBA
Monday, July 1 – Celebrate Canada Day – Eastend Town Square
July/August Summer Activities programs – events TBA
For further information phone 306 295 3670 or 306 295-3375 or email: ehmuseum@gmaiI.com