Location: Simmie, Grasslands National Park, Lac Pelletier, Cypress Lake, Frenchman River
Enjoy a kayak adventure with Carefree Adventures, a family owned and operated Eco-Tourism business. Located on the Southern end of Reid Lake in Southwest Saskatchewan, they offer tours on Reid Lake (Duncairn Dam), Lac Pelletier, Swift Current Creek, Cypress Lake (located outside of the Park on the Saskatchewan side) and the Frenchman River. Contact them for other available tour options.
They also have kayaks and canoes available for rentals for your own recreational pursuits. (Their rentals include all necessary gear to operate these water crafts).
Available for individual or group bookings!
Book your TOUR of Grasslands National Park – 4 tour dates in Summer 2018 – here: http://www.visitcypresshills.ca/tours/kayaking-grasslands/
Contact: John Smith
Summer Office: 1-306-297-6232 (Simmie, SK)
Winter Office: 1-403-528-9871 (Medicine Hat, AB)
Hours of Operation:
8:00pm Friday to 5:00pm Sunday
Group tours may be booked midweek with enough lead time.
Boats and Tours should be booked in advance for best equipment and GUIDE availability.
2018 Lessons, Tours & Events
- http://www.visitcypresshills.ca/tours/kayaking-grasslands/*NEW* – Weekly summer tours of Grasslands National Park –
- Learn to Kayak Packages, all gear supplied. Total of 7 hours spread over several evenings. Includes 3 hour Beginner Lesson, 2 hour Intro to Open Water, and 2 hour Intro to Moving Water as low as $120
- Kayak Tours on the South Saskatchewan River.
- Carefree Adventures at Simmie Sk, tours on Swift Current Creek start May 1st.
- Saturday, July 28 2018 is the Grasslanders Classic Event in Grasslands National Park, Val Marie, SK, where Carefree Adventures will be offering kayak tours on the Frenchman River.
There are many other activities planned, check out their Facebook Page!
Leaving Swift Current – Head South on Hwy 4, Turn West on Hwy 343 follow past Lac Pelletier, Turn South at the T intersection, continue to follow Hwy 343 and pass through the town of Simmie. Once through town turn North and follow the road down the hill to the lake.
Leaving Gull Lake – Head South on Hwy 37, Turn East on to Twp. Rd. 124, Turn South at the T intersection on to Hwy 631 follow til you reach the Lake.
Directions to Carefree Park:
Directions to kayak launch site in Grasslands National Park: