Location: Simmie, Grasslands National Park, Lac Pelletier, Cypress Lake, Frenchman River
Enjoy a kayaking adventure with Carefree Adventures, a family owned and operated Eco-Tourism business. Located on the Southern end of Reid Lake in Southwest Saskatchewan, they offer tours on Reid Lake (Duncairn Dam), Lac Pelletier, Swift Current Creek, Cypress Lake (located outside of the Park on the Saskatchewan side) and the Frenchman River. Contact them for other available tour options.
They also have kayaks and canoes available for rentals (Simmie only) for your own recreational pursuits. (Their rentals include all necessary gear to operate these water crafts).
Custom designed tours available for individual or group bookings!
Standard tour pricing, Cash or E-Transfers.
Cypress Lake, SK (20 minutes south on Hwy 21 of the Park Gates, Sask side). Cost per person: $110.00
Eastend Dam, Eastend, SK. Cost per person: $100.00
Carefree Park, Simmie, SK (our base for Sask operations). Cost per person: $75.00
Grasslands National Park, Val Marie, SK. Cost per person: $125.00 – (Note 4 pre-determined dates for Grasslands have been set – but custom tours can also be created. Click the link below to find more about the scheduled tours).
Book your TOUR of Grasslands National Park – 4 tour dates in Summer 2019 – here: http://www.visitcypresshills.ca/tours/kayaking-grasslands/
All prices are “rule of thumb,” most of Carefree Adventure tours are custom made. If you check their website “Events” page: www.carefreeadventures.ca you will see the public tours offered this season.
All tours are approximately 3 hours long. Carefree Adventures supplies all kayaks and gear. ** Group Discounts are Available for all tours except for the Paddle & Yoga Picnics.
Contact: John Smith
Hours of Operation:
8:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Sunday (June, July, August)
8:00am – 5:00pm Friday- Sunday (April, May, September, October)
Group tours may be booked midweek with enough lead time.
Boats and Tours should be booked in advance for best equipment and GUIDE availability.
2019 Lessons, Tours & Events
- http://www.visitcypresshills.ca/tours/kayaking-grasslands/*NEW* – Weekly summer tours of Grasslands National Park –
- Learn to Kayak Packages, all gear supplied. Total of 7 hours spread over several evenings. Includes 3 hour Beginner Lesson, 2 hour Intro to Open Water, and 2 hour Intro to Moving Water as low as $150
- Kayak Tours on the South Saskatchewan River.
- Carefree Adventures at Simmie Sk, tours on Swift Current Creek start May 1st.
- Saturday, July 27 ,2019 is the Beyond the Big Dipper Event in Grasslands National Park, Val Marie, SK, where Carefree Adventures will be offering kayak tours on the Frenchman River from noon-6pm (cost: $22/person).
- Paddle & Yoga Picnic – four events planned for 2019: Eastend, Cypress Lake (Sold Out), Simmie & Grasslands National Park – click here for more information: http://www.visitcypresshills.ca/tours/paddle-and-yoga/
- See more at: www.carefreeadventures.ca
There are many other activities planned, check out their Facebook Page!
Leaving Swift Current – Head South on Hwy 4, Turn West on Hwy 343 follow past Lac Pelletier, Turn South at the T intersection, continue to follow Hwy 343 and pass through the town of Simmie. Once through town turn North and follow the road down the hill to the lake.
Leaving Gull Lake – Head South on Hwy 37, Turn East on to Twp. Rd. 124, Turn South at the T intersection on to Hwy 631 follow til you reach the Lake.
Directions to Carefree Park:
Directions to kayak launch site in Grasslands National Park:Book Now