CLOSED FOR THE SEASON – Eastend Historical Museum
Location: Eastend, SK
The Eastend Historical Museum opens for the summer season on May 20th, 2016!
May 20th – June 30th: Tuesday – Sunday from 11:30am – 4:30pm
July – August: Tuesday – Sunday from 10:00am – 5:30pm
This hard to miss museum is located in downtown Eastend! Consisting of six different building complexes this Historical Museum houses valuable collections on different topics that are all important to the area!
- Benison Building – Visitor information and a Veterans and Medical Room.
- Tie Rail Ranch Log House – the Best Log House in the west (built in 1909 by Donald Corry) was moved to the museum in 1987. It has been refurbished with artifacts from that time period.
- Sod Busters Shack
- Machine Shed – includes a 1903 Case steam engine, 1927 Federal Truck, stage coaches, miniature steam engine, fire fighting water pumper, and so much more!
- Blacksmith Shop
- Homesteaders’ Shack
- Larose Building – includes a school room
- Wilkinson Telescope – hand built by a local resident.
When you go and visit be sure to participate in the Scavenger hunt provided!
Throughout the summer the museum will host guided museum & heritage tours, as well as workshops for kids. Dates will be given on those once they have been determined.
Wednesday, August 24th: Wildflowers of Eastend art workshop hosted by Trea Jensen. Registration fee – $5 (please register by Tuesday, August 23rd). Open to all aged 6 to 18!
Thursday, August 25th: Macrame Workshop hosted by Deb Giverhaug. Registration fee – $5 (please register by Wednesday, August 24th). Open to all ages!
Friday, August 26th: Build Your Own Bluebird Houses with the Eastend Historical Museum. Registration fee – $5 (please register by Thursday, August 25th). Open to all aged 6 to 18!
Sunday, August 28th: Make Your Own Suncatcher workshop hosted by Deb Giverhaug. Registration fee – $5 (please register by Saturday, August 27th). Open to all aged 6 to 18!
Tuesday, August 30th: Scavenger Hunt hosted by the Eastend Historical Museum. Registration fee – $5 (please register by Monday, August 29th). Open to all aged 6 to 18!
For any additional information please phone 1-306-295-3375 or 1-306-205-3670.