Winter Fun at the Elkwater Lake Lodge
Location: Elkwater, Alberta
Nestled on the Alberta side of the gorgeous Cypress Hills – the Elkwater Lake Lodge is a Winter Paradise. With cozy condos outfitted with their own fireplace and fully service kitchens, it’s a great space for a romantic getaway, family fun, or corporate meetings and team building.
Some of the Winter Amenities include:
- Indoor Swimming Pool and Hot Tub
- Bugler Dining Room and Lounge
- Hidden Valley Ski Area – Just a 5 minute drive from the Lodge, Hidden Valley boasts 14 ski runs, 200 meters of vertical drop, a quad chair, and a t-bar lift. Known for its consistent snow conditions, great facilities and friendly people, Hidden Valley’s trails are diverse, offering gentle slopes for beginners, cruising terrain for intermediates and more challenging runs for experts. The snowboard park waits to challenge all levels of experienced snowboarders. The hill averages over 2 meters of snow each year and also has snow-making capabilities to provide skiers with an enjoyable day on the slopes, even when the odd Chinook blows in! The hill has also been known to provide some great downhill action for mountain bikers in the summer.
- Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park – Alberta – offers a host of fun winter activities and the equipment to make them happen:
- Tobogganing – borrow a toboggan from the Visitor Centre or bring your own and enjoy the family-friendly luge.
- Skating – A flooded campground offers an incredibly beautiful day on the ice, as you skate through the forest. Skate Rentals available from the Visitor Centre.
- Snowshoeing and Cross-Country Skiing – enjoy the multitude of trails the Cypress Hills offer from a different vantage point. Both snowshoe and cross-country ski rentals are available from the Visitor Centre.
2017 Winter Travel Deals and Events:
Ski, Stay & Play at the Elkwater Lake Lodge starting at $235 per couple.
|Rates are based on single or double occupancy with an additional charge of $10.00 for each extra guest 13 years or older.
Children 12 and under are free when accompanied by an adult. Rates do not include 5% GST, 4% Tourism Levy and 3%
Destination Fee. Limited pet friendly rooms are available – $10/dog/ night and $15/cat/night will apply. All rooms are non-
smoking only. Cancellation policy: Low Season 72 Hrs, High Season 14 Days, Christmas 30 Days, Long Weekends 30 Days.
Low Season: Jan 3 to May 11 ; Sep 18 to Dec 14 (Starting $135/Night*)
High Season: May 12 to Sep 17 (Starting $ 150/Night*)
Christmas Season: Dec 15 to Jan 02 (Starting $150/Night *)
AB T0J 1C0
|Telephone:||Toll-free: 1 888 893 3811 Telephone: 403 893 3811|
|Fax:||403 893 3033|
We are located in the SE corner of Alberta, on the Alberta side of Cypress Hills Inter-Provincial…
Coming From Medicine Hat:
Drive about 30 km east on HWY #1 (Trans Canada Highway) and then turn right (South) onto…
Coming From Saskatchewan:
Drive west on HWY #1 (Trans Canada Highway) into Alberta, and then 4km past “Irvine”…