What’s Happening in the CHDA (Part 3 of 4)
New and Improved Events this Summer in the CHDA
Check out some of the awesome new events or events that have had some changes! Check them out below!
June 21st – Main Street Solstice (Gull Lake)
- Celebrate the Summer Solstice in Gull Lake. Local Restaurants will have patio seating, food and drink specials, local musicians will be playing music, bouncy castle and face painting for the kids, and more from 4:00pm – 10:00pm on Proton Ave and Main Street!
July 6th – 7th (NEW DATE): Maple Creek Heritage Festival (Maple Creek)
- Enjoy two days filled with art, history, music, shopping and food in Maple Creek’s historic downtown.
July 19th – Showdown in Cowtown (NEW Bull Riding Event + Indian Races)
- Get ready it’s coming!! We are chomping at the bit, going absolutely crazy excited about hosting a Canadian Indian Relay Racing Association event right here in the old Cowtown of Maple Creek on Thursday July 19,2018 at 5 pm!!!
July 28th – Grasslanders Classic (Grasslands National Park)
- Kayaking (kayaks provided), wagon rides, outdoor market, bison facility tours, archery, blacksmith, kids activities, live music performances, ball hockey tournament (pre-register your team today by calling the information number below) and more!
August 3rd – 4th: Nature in Me Artist Retreat (put on by Sky Story B&B)
- Have you ever wanted to paint but didn’t know how to begin? Or are you an artist experiencing a blockage? Does an inner voice prompt you to dig deeply to tap the mystery of your creative flow, your life force, the Source? It’s time to awaken your creative spirit! Nature in Me© Process Painting allows one to authentically feel, explore core archetypes and express personal imagery necessary for powerful transformation.
August 18th – Cypress Hills High Altitude Trail Challenge (Cypress Hills Centre Block)
- Entering into its 16th year, the Cypress Hills High Altitude Trail Challenge is a family-friendly event that takes place in the beautiful Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park (Saskatchewan side).