How to Process Gift Certificates
What do you do with a CHDA Gift Certificate?
If you received one of these Gift Certificates here’s what to do with them.
- Please note if there is an expiry date. All Gift Certificates issued in 2018 and beyond will have an expiry date listed if they were not purchased, but rather given away as a charity item.
- All of the gift certificates are printed on heavy duty stock and are numbered, if yours is a photocopy please do not honour until checking with us.
- Apply the amount of the Gift Certificate to the Visitor’s bill. If there is money “leftover” – please write that in the Amount Remaining spot, along with the amount used.
- If the total amount of the Gift Certificate is used, please collect the gift certificate from the visitor and submit it to our Finance Manager, Kristine Scheller for reimbursement. A cheque will be issued as part of her normal cheque run at the end of each month. (IMPORTANT: Please note, she cannot issue a cheque without either a mailed in hard copy or an emailed facsimile of the Gift Certificate in question. If you do not have the ability to mail the gift certificate (because there is an amount remaining), or the ability to scan it, a photograph of it will suffice, which then needs to be emailed to her directly).
- Contact information to send the Gift Certificates is: Kristine Scheller, Finance Manager, Cypress Hills Destination Area, Box 428, Maple Creek, S0N 1N0. Or a scan or photograph of it can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions upon receiving a gift certificate and are unsure of whether or not you can validate it, please contact either Gail (306 774 6451, marketing@visitCypressHills.ca) or Kristine (email@example.com) for clarification.
Please note that only members in good standing will be able to receive reimbursement for any Gift Certificate.
Our Gift Certificates now have expiry dates on them, but they didn’t always, as such while the CHDA will still honour any gift certificates you receive, to ensure that our financial records remain current the CHDA Board is “writing off” all Gift Certificates without expiry dates a year at a time, until we are caught up with the new expiry date stamped ones. As such, you may still see some of the old gift certificates in circulation. Below are the Gift Certificates in appearance from newest to oldest: